Internship in Academic Relations
Open position: Internship in Academic Relations, swissnex Boston
Can you picture yourself working in a fast-paced and innovative international environment situated between two of the world’s premier research universities? Would you like to support Swiss universities in fostering knowledge exchange and building partnerships with their American counterparts in the Boston area? Do you enjoy and excel at networking and project management, and do you have outstanding organizational skills?
Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
Support the Project Leader for Academic Relations to initiate and manage long-lasting higher education partnerships, and ensure the success of related events and projects.
Will you be swissnex Boston’s next Junior Project Manager for Academic Relations?
swissnex Boston (www.swissnexboston.org) was founded in 2000 as the first Swiss Consulate exclusively dedicated to supporting the internationalization of Swiss educational institutions, promoting the Swiss innovation economy abroad, and fostering scientific collaborations between Switzerland and the United States. Run by the Swiss State Secretariat for Research, Education, and Innovation (SERI), the swissnex network has five outposts worldwide (Boston, Brazil, China, India, and San Francisco).
Our activities are built around a public-private partnership model. We collaborate with a diverse group of partners, including Swiss institutions of higher education, organizations promoting innovation or education, government groups active in those fields, early-stage companies, and global corporations.
As a junior project manager at swissnex Boston, you will join a dynamic, transatlantic team of eight core team members and a handful of junior project managers working in a creative and collaborative environment between Harvard and MIT in Cambridge, Massachusetts. You will be responsible for a wide variety of activities, including but not limited to:
- Developing networks and relationships in both the local and Swiss academic landscapes
- All phases of event and project management (planning, budgeting, execution, follow-up) for events and delegations in higher education
- Staying up to date on the latest developments in the Boston area
- Writing project reports and annual reports for partners
- Networking and outreach to find speakers, audiences, and partners
- Creating value for Switzerland through all these activities, and more!
In our candidates we seek
- Proactive, self-driven, and open-minded personality
- Excellent skills in English, good public speaking ability
- Flair for science, innovation, and art
- Interest in living and working abroad
- Candidate studies in a university or university of applied sciences in Switzerland towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and is requested to do an internship in order to obtain the degree, or
- The last university degree (Bachelor/Master) is not older than one year at the beginning of the internship
- Candidate has not gained professional experience in the field of his/her studies
- The total period of internships (including this one) in the federal government does not exceed 12 months
- Applicants must be Swiss citizens or have a valid Permit C.
- Hands on involvement in projects and tasks related to the mission of swissnex Boston (main fields of work: Science, Innovation, Higher Education, Entrepreneurship and Art)
- International work environment
- USD 2’000.00 compensation (per month)
- Four weeks’ vacation per year (pro rata temporis) and selected Swiss and US holidays.
Apply Now! Deadline: May 31st, 2017, 6pm EST