OPEN POSITION: Content Coordinator
swissnex Boston is looking for a dynamic Content Coordinator for its multifaceted, interdisciplinary, and international activities!
swissnex conceives and builds multifaceted, transdisciplinary activities that connect the dots between Switzerland and North America in science, higher education, art, and innovation. We work closely with universities and research labs; support entrepreneurs and accelerate startups; advise corporations, non-profits, and international organizations on signals from the future; collaborate with artists and designers; support innovators and thought leaders. We operate on a non-profit model, as a public-private partnership, and as an official representation of Switzerland in Boston, with a small office in New York City.
Communication is very much at the center of all our activities through channels like our website, social media, newsletters, blogs, targeted digital and print advertising, reports and articles, media partnerships, events, exhibitions, and more. Our brand is strongly linked to our building, which is located between MIT and Harvard. We support academic clients with their PR in the US. Marketing and storytelling play a crucial role in developing and growing our audience, contacts, partners, and clients. In other words: we need an innovative, enthusiastic, flexible, efficient, and engaged Marketing and Communications Team.
To enhance our communications efforts, we are looking for a Content Coordinator to join our team. You will be responsible for creating, improving and maintaining content to achieve our goals. Your duties will also include sharing content to raise brand awareness and graphic design.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate creative writing skills. As a Content Coordinator, you should perform well under deadlines and be detail-oriented. If you are also an expert in content optimization, brand consistency, graphic design and have a flair for video and photography, we would like to meet you.
- Write, publish and share content through various channels, ensuring strong web presence
- Collaborate with Senior Communications Manager and Digital Marketing Manager to produce high-quality content
- Design graphics for social media and promote our activities
- Deliver engaging content on a regular basis and inspire team members
- Edit, proofread and improve content
- Receive feedback and generate ideas to increase customer engagement
- Take and edit pictures and videos
- BA/BSc degree in Marketing, Journalism or relevant field
- Proficiency in MS Office and WordPress
- Understanding of web publishing requirements
- Editorial mindset with an ability to predict audience preferences
- Hands on experience with social media analytics and reporting
- Expertise in social media strategy
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience editing and produce video/photography
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Serious attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Able to thrive in a multicultural and interdisciplinary environment.
- Experience or deep understanding of science and/or technology, and enthusiasm for swissnex’s mission is required.
Native English fluency required; big plus if you also speak French and/or German.
Note: due to our consular status, applicants must either be Swiss citizen, Swiss resident, U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident. No exceptions.
● A full-time position; start date as soon as possible.
● Compensation commensurate with experience and responsibilities in a non-profit setting (DOE), 4-week vacation, generous holidays and sick leave, employer-matched 401(K), and 80% employer-paid medical and dental plans.
● A multicultural, creative, fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and team-oriented work environment.
● A platform to grow your leadership skills, professional experience, and network.
● A Cambridge location near Harvard Square.
● A creative, international, and inspiring work environment with unlimited coffee and lots of Swiss chocolate.
Deadline to apply: May 15, 2018