OPEN POSITION: Digital Marketing Manager
swissnex Boston is looking for a dynamic Digital Marketing Manager for its multifaceted, interdisciplinary, and international activities!
swissnex conceives and builds multifaceted, transdisciplinary activities that connect the dots between Switzerland and North America in science, higher education, art, and innovation. We work closely with universities and research labs; support entrepreneurs and accelerate startups; advise corporations, non- profits, and international organizations on signals from the future; collaborate with artists and designers; support innovators and thought leaders. We operate on a non-profit model, as a public-private partnership, and as an official representation of Switzerland in Boston, with a small office in New York City.
Communication is very much at the center of all our activities through channels like our website, social media, newsletters, blogs, targeted digital and print advertising, reports and articles, media partnerships, events, exhibitions, and more. Our brand is strongly linked to our building, which is located between MIT and Harvard. We support academic clients with their PR in the US. Marketing and storytelling play a crucial role in developing and growing our audience, contacts, partners, and clients. In other words: we need an innovative, enthusiastic, flexible, efficient, and engaged Marketing and Communications Team.
To strengthen our communications team, we are looking for a Digital Marketing Manager whose role will be to develop, implement, track and optimize our digital marketing campaigns across all digital channels. The ideal candidate has a strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies and is able to lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution. The Digital Marketing Manager will report to the Senior Communications Manager, responsible for the overall communications strategy.
- Plan and execute all digital marketing efforts, including SEO/SEM, database management, emailcampaigns, social media, website and display advertising campaigns
- Data analytics: Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, including the website, one of our main marketing tools.
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments in all digital aspects of an activity’s marketing
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and e-mail campaigns to market events, services, and other initiatives.
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Plan and execute the monthly electronic newsletter and assess its impact
- BS/MS degree in marketing or a related field
- Proven working experience in digital marketing
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics)
- Proficiency in MS Office and WordPress
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. Serious attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Able to thrive in a multicultural and interdisciplinary environment.
- Experience or deep understanding of science and/or technology, and enthusiasm for swissnex’s mission is required.
- Native English fluency required; big plus if you also speak French and/or German.
- Base-level fluency in the Adobe Creative Suite
Note: due to our consular status applicants must either be Swiss citizen, Swiss resident, U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident. No exceptions.
● A full-time position; start date as soon as possible.
● Compensation commensurate with experience and responsibilities in a non-profit setting (DOE), 4-week vacation, generous holidays and sick leave, employer-matched 401(K), and 80% employer-paid medical and dental plans.
● A multicultural, creative, fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and team-oriented work environment.
● A platform to grow your leadership skills, professional experience, and network.
● A Cambridge location near Harvard Square.
● A creative, international, and inspiring work environment with unlimited coffee and lots of Swiss chocolate.
Deadline to apply: May 15, 2018