swissnex Boston and the Hubert Tuor Foundation (HTF) are looking for a driven, versatile and curious associate to join the swissnex Boston Innovation+ team. If you’re a self-starter, an entrepreneur at heart and connecting people is your natural talent, we would like to meet you.
About the role
The Hubert Tuor Foundation (HTF) has launched its 242 Program (2day 4 2morrow), with the aim of supporting directly today’s high potential young talents to make them become key players of tomorrow’s world. Within its 242 program, HTF offers a fellowship to carry out an internship in innovation and entrepreneurship at swissnex Boston. HTF’s philosophy is the one of sustainable philanthropy. By becoming a HTF fellow you agree, when your turn comes, to support the next 242 generation. Your support can take the form of coaching, exchanges or sponsorship. More information can be found at: https://2day42morrow.ch/en/
swissnex Boston offers an internship position for a period of 6 months (Feb. 1, 2020 – July 31, 2020) in innovation and entrepreneurship. The successful candidate will work on a variety of swissnex Boston’ programs such as for example the Innosuisse US Market entry camp and the Venture Leaders boot camp. This is an exciting and rewarding position and gives the successful candidate exposure to most of the stakeholders involved in technology venture creation and innovation. It’s the opportunity to work in an international work environment, within an innovative and future-oriented organization.
- Support Head of Innovation+ in projects rollout.
- Carry out market research, data mining, reporting, marketing and event planning.
- Implementing own project related to swissnex mission.
- Administrative and operational tasks
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will have:
- A proactive attitude and an analytical thinking
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- Technical background, ideally in Life Sciences (studies and/or professional)
- An excellent command of English and good-level of German and/or French and/or Italian
- Interest in living and working abroad (Boston)
Formal eligibility criteria:
- Candidate studies in a university or university of applied sciences in Switzerland towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and is requested to do an internship in order to obtain the degree, or
- The last university degree (Bachelor/Master) is not older than one year at the beginning of the internship.
- Candidate has not gained professional experience in the field of his/her studies.
- The total period of internships (“Hochschulpraktium”/ “Stage académique”, including the one at swissnex) within the Swiss confederation does not exceed 12 months.
- Candidate is a Swiss citizen or a non-swiss citizen with legal residency in Switzerland (C-permit)
What we offer
Hands-on, experiential learning
Our associates don’t just learn by observation- they learn by doing. You’ll be part of our team, working with us on meaningful projects and contributing to our mission.
Boston, New York, and beyond
With offices near Harvard Square in Cambridge and on Broadway in New York City, we are embedded in the very center of 2 of North America’s most exciting innovation scenes, allowing us to develop powerful local networks.
Expand your network
swissnex Boston is the perfect place to expand your network. Working with world leaders in science, research, innovation, technology, and the arts, you’ll be exposed to forward-thinking ideas and exciting opportunities for experiential learning.
A multicultural and inspiring work environment
We’re passionate about our mission – and the team is a big part of it. We work together to foster an imaginative, fun, and team-oriented work environment. The unlimited Swiss coffee and chocolate certainly helps, too.
Starting date: February 1st, 2020
Duration: 6-month minimum, contract extendable up to 12 months
Occupation: full-time (40 hrs/week)
Compensation: USD 2,400 per month
Vacation: four weeks’ vacation per year (pro rata temporis) and select Swiss and US holidays.
Please complete and submit the application below, along with your resume and a cover letter. Deadline to apply: October 3, 2019