OPEN POSITION: Project Leader for Art/Science Programs
swissnex Boston is looking for a dynamic Project Leader for Art/Science programs for its multifaceted, interdisciplinary, and international activities.
swissnex Boston conceives and builds activities that connect the dots between Switzerland and North America in science, higher education, art, and innovation.
We work closely with universities and research labs; advise entrepreneurs and accelerate startups; guide corporations, non-profits, and international organizations on signals from the future; and collaborate with artists and designers on interdisciplinary projects.
We operate on a non-profit model, as a public-private partnership, and as an official representation of Switzerland in Boston, with a small office in New York City. Run by the Swiss State Secretariat for Research, Education and Innovation, the swissnex network has five outposts worldwide (Boston, Brazil, China, India and San Francisco).
Your mission: initiate and manage projects and long-lasting partnerships at the intersection of art, science, design and technology.
swissnex Boston’s art/science programs support Swiss (-affiliated) artists, designers, architects, curators (and more), as well as cultural institutions and art and design schools in the eastern US and Canada. We collaborate with a diverse group of Swiss and local partners to help our stakeholders gain ground, grow their networks, and build visibility by partnering to facilitate their participation in conferences, fairs, festivals, exhibitions, performances and/or research trips. We want to create meaningful connections that drive new and innovative collaborative projects. We strive to find the best partners and ecosystems for our stakeholders and are not only active in the Greater Boston area cultural scene, but also in other hubs (New York, Montréal, Chicago, Miami, Austin, etc.).
As Project Leader for Art/Science Programs at swissnex Boston, you will join a dynamic and international team working in a creative and collaborative environment where we value out-of-the-box and interdisciplinary thinking. We are always looking for cutting-edge, impactful and innovative projects and we believe that our art/science programs are an essential part of our organization, providing a unique perspective, and acting as a bridge between various disciplines. We want our activities to be accessible to a large audience (from art/science professionals to the broader public).
If this resonates with you and you have a strong interest in the intersection of art, design, science and technology, and you are forward-thinking, enthusiastic, flexible, and efficient, we would like to meet you!
- Initiate and manage a wide portfolio of programs, both private and public, in an eclectic range of disciplines at the intersection of art, science, design and technology;
- Maintain and further develop (from short- to long-term) partnerships with individuals, cultural institutions and art & design schools, in Switzerland and in the eastern US and Canada;
- Collaborate with swissnex Boston’s Academic Relations and Innovation/Entrepreneurship teams to foster interdisciplinary projects
- Networking and representing swissnex Boston’s missions;
- Following trends in the fields and scouting of relevant projects and individuals;
- Creating value for swissnex Boston and Switzerland through all these activities and more!
- MA/MS degree in the humanities or in the arts, or equivalent degree;
- 2-6 years of professional experience in project management at the intersection of art, science, design and technology;
- Excellent knowledge of the contemporary art and design scene of Switzerland, the US, Canada and related networks;
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English; knowledge of a Swiss National language is a plus;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with serious attention to detail and a commitment to excellence;
- Good team player and networker with ability to thrive in a multicultural and interdisciplinary environment;
- Forward-thinking, proactive, flexible and self-starter;
- A strong enthusiasm for swissnex’ mission!
Note: due to our consular status, applicants must either be Swiss citizen, Swiss resident, U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident. No exceptions.
- A full-time position; start date as soon as possible
- Compensation commensurate with experience and responsibilities in a non-profit setting (DOE), 4-week vacation, generous holidays and sick leave, employer-matched 401(K), and 80% employer-paid medical and dental plans
- A Cambridge location near Harvard Square
- A multicultural, creative, inspiring, and team-oriented work environment
- A platform to grow your leadership skills, professional experience, and network
- Unexpected encounters, unlimited coffee and lots of Swiss chocolate.
Interested candidates please apply via the form below
Posted: August 2, 2018
Deadline to apply: open until filled