Boston Cleantech Report
“At swissnex Boston, we have long recognized the importance of addressing environmental concerns head on. We believe the entrepreneurial spirit, as well as careful research, is the best way to make a meaningful contribution to global issues.
Cleantech is an important piece of the puzzle – one that has tremendous potential in both the near and long term. In this report, we strive to highlight our learnings from the local Massachusetts ecosystem and provide a glimpse into the future for both Switzerland and the United States.”
– Alicia Evangelista
Head of Innovation+, swissnex Boston
What’s in the report?
- Key cleantech highlights and trends
- An overview of cleantech and what makes it so crucial
- A look at cleantech funding in Massachusetts, the US, and Switzerland
- Findings from an exclusive swissnex survey of cleantech experts on key drivers, challenges, and outlook in the Boston cleantech sector
- An in-depth look at the cleantech startup ecosystem in Boston, including key Incubators, Accelerators, Funding Sources, Communities and Networks, Academic Institutions and Initiatives, and startups.
Boston is a global hub for cleantech innovation and entrepreneurship, home to some of North America’s largest cleantech incubators, and a large number of VC firms specializing in cleantech investments. Massachussetts has more cleantech companies (per capita) than any other US state, and in 2019 and for the ninth year in a row, Massachusetts was named the most energy efficient state in the US. This report will help creating a better understanding of the dynamic, innovative and growing cleantech sector in Greater Boston.
Download the Report
Click below to Download the PDF:
This report was written and researched by Diego Siegrist as part of his associateship at swissnex Boston. He has an MSc in Energy Science and Technology from the Swiss Federal Insitute of Technology (ETHZ) in Zurich and a BSc in Environmental Engineering, also from ETHZ. He is now in the process of developing a cleantech startup based in Zurich.