Project Leader for Art/Science Programs
swissnex Boston is looking for a dynamic Content Coordinator for its multifaceted, interdisciplinary, and international activities!
swissnex conceives and builds multifaceted, transdisciplinary activities that connect the dots between Switzerland and North America in science, higher education, art, and innovation. We work closely with universities and research labs; advise entrepreneurs and accelerate startups; advise corporations, non-profits, and international organizations on signals from the future; collaborate with artists and designers; support innovators and thought leaders. We operate on a non-profit model, as a public-private partnership, and as an official representation of Switzerland in Boston, with a small office in New York City.
Communication is very much at the center of all our activities through channels like our website, social media, newsletters, blogs, targeted digital and print advertising, reports and articles, media partnerships, events, exhibitions, and more. Our brand is strongly linked to our space, located between MIT and Harvard, in which we organize many of our public activities. We support academic clients with their PR in the US. Marketing and storytelling play a crucial role in developing and growing our audience, contacts, partners, and clients. In other words: we need an innovative, enthusiastic, flexible, efficient, and engaged Marketing and Communications Team.
As part of this team we are looking for a Content Coordinator responsible for creating, improving and maintaining content to achieve our goals. Duties also include sharing content to raise brand awareness and graphic design.
Our ideal candidate has demonstrable creative writing skills, performs well under deadlines and is detail-oriented. If in addition you are an expert in content optimization, brand consistency, graphic design and have a flair for video and photography, we would like to meet you!
- Write, publish and share content through various channels, ensuring strong web presence
- Collaborate with Senior Communications Manager and Digital Marketing Manager to produce high quality content
- Design graphics for social media and promote our activities
- Deliver engaging content on a regular basis and inspire team members
- Edit, proofread and improve content
- Take and edit pictures and videos.
- Receive feedback and generate ideas to increase customer engagement
- BA/BSc degree in Marketing, Journalism or relevant field
- English spoken at an idiomatic level required; big plus if you also speak French and/or German
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Editorial mindset with an ability to predict audience preferences
- Experience editing and produce video/photography
- Understanding of web publishing requirements
- Expertise in social media strategy
- Proficiency in MS Office and WordPress; fluency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience or deep understanding of science and/or technology, and enthusiasm for swissnex’s mission is required
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. Serious attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
- Able to thrive in a multicultural and interdisciplinary environment
- Note: due to our consular status, applicants must either be Swiss citizen, Swiss resident, U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident. No exceptions.
- A full-time position; start date as soon as possible
- Compensation commensurate with experience and responsibilities in a non-profit setting (DOE), 4-week vacation, generous holidays and sick leave, employer-matched 401(K), and 80% employer-paid medical and dental plans
- A multicultural, creative, fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and team-oriented work environment
- A platform to grow your leadership skills, professional experience, and network
- A Cambridge location near Harvard Square
- A creative, international, and inspiring work environment with unlimited coffee and lots of Swiss chocolate.
Interested candidates please apply this link or the form below: